Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pink Persimmon Gratitude Journal...

Today I have a project being featured over on the Pink Persimmon blog, and I wanted to share more of the details of it with you here!

I don't know about you, but as the years go by and I get older, I find myself feeling more and more grateful for the wonderful life I have. I think - actually, I know - that a younger version of myself took too many things (and even people) for granted.






I decided to try my hand at a small gratitude journal, using a variety of my favourite products and some Pink Persimmon stamps... something that I could glance at and remember why I am so lucky in my life.



I started with some Manila shipping tags (oh *my*, how I love these things - I am collecting quite a variety of sizes!), and used one for each 'page'. Then, I scratched out a list of the things I am thankful for, and created a themed tag for each one.


On my cover, I used the Mini Bingo Card to create a background pattern, to add some interest behind my layers.



On the back of each tag, which I left plain (gotta keep the bulk down at least a *little* bit!), I journalled about each thing I am thankful for.


I collected some extra doo-dads (technical term) that have been laying on my desk, cast off from a variety of other projects, and used them to embellish my tags. For the background of my "Family" tag, I used the Sweetheart Silk Card and the Special Delivery sets to create some interest. Your stamps don't always have to take center stage to make your projects shine!



You can see I used the same Special Delivery stamp here - I kind of wanted it to reference the arrival of my two beautiful girls, and how those two days both profoundly changed my life, making one of my biggest dreams come true - becoming a mother (hence the title on that tab!).



The thing is, I didn't really want to spell everything out in great detail, if that makes sense. Sometimes I just kind of like a little subtlety. And love is a deep subject, isn't it? I wasn't just referring to my husband or even my kids... just how many people I am surrounded by who support me and care for me.



Again with that Special Delivery set... I guess I just really liked how it complimented my manila tags!



And this is the one all for my hubs! Which reminds me that maybe I should show him this little project...



Look at that fat bundle.. it just makes me happy!

I hope I've given you a few ideas for using your stamps in less-than-obvious applications to get even more mileage out of them... stamps aren't just for the fronts of your cards!

Thanks so much for visiting me!

Pin It

3 comments:

Maureen said...

so gorgeous and heartfelt...we are most abundantly blessed!

Geri said...

How very sweet, Meredith! Can't say how much I love this idea (and your lovely and creative way of carrying it out!)!!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is amazing, Meredith! Your talent is such an inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...